I am afraid of my period, Is it on its way ?

Please help? I am afraid of my period! Is it on its way? Ok I am 12 years old. ( girl ). And my bra size is 32A, 5 foot 2ish, maybe 3, and I weigh about 90lbs. I have noticed sticky white discharge in my underwear not too long ago. I have had hair down there before though. I have been having cramps in my stomach, so they might be a sign. I am really afraid though! I don t want to be caught off guard, or like at school. I ve tried tampons (dont no what size) but I couldn t get it in and I don t think I d like a spongey pad. Also, my mom and dad never talked about this with me. So if I do have my period, I won t know who to tell or what to say. I m scared! Is my period coming? Is it really that bad? How do you know when it happens again after you ve had your first? Please I have more questions so just please give me your opinion and just list some tips and anything that you think would help me. Please. Thanks so much I am really afraid, and I don t feel like I m ready to be a woman yet, I ll miss being a kid! Help! Please, and thank you! P.S. Today I had cramps down there and my back hurt... I don t know if that has anything to do with this though. And about how long after you get hair down there does your period start ? How long after you get cramps ? And one more, How long after you get discharge? Thanks so much, love you guys~!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
ok, sorry that you don't seem to have an adult around for this. It probably is your period comming. It all sounds like the signs of it .If you can go get you some panty liners are some "always" pads small ones. Maybe get some motrin or advil or what ever works 4 you keep it with. I would NOT use tampons until later ater you have had some cycles.There isn't any thing to be scared of cuz there is nothing bad about it except it aint fun. It should last around 4 days then in about 28 days it will happen again every month after. You know can get pregnant so be safe...If you need anything your school nurse will help its her job to these things so dont be afraid to ask. As for the discharge uh dont know again if you cant go your parents then go to the school nurse. here are a few sites maybe they will help.