I am a bit concerned about my 12 year old son gets bad headaches after a hard day of playing

am a bit concerned about my 12 year old son who gets bad headaches after a hard day of playing :( Hello, my son who is 12, has been getting headaches off and on when he comes in after playing real hard, and it happens more when he s in the heat, and becomes over exerted or heated or both. Sometimes he s even came in crying, because he hurts that bad!!! VERRRRY rarely do they make him throw up. I m thinkn it has to do w/ fact that when he plays that hard, he doesn t want to quit playing because he s hungry or thirsty. But, why is it he gets them almost every single time he runs and plays all day?? I m sure it s nothing to really worry about, but as a parent I AM still a bit concerned!!! I did a bit of reading up on children and headaches, didn t know they were that common!!! But, just scares me because of his complaint of the severity of pain :(!!! I appreciate any input I can get from anyone, thankyou tons!!! :) -Rebecca :)
Asked On : Tue, 6 Jul 2010