I am Feeling vomiting and i do have appetite,I want to live normally, please help me out to get rid of this

Dear doctors, I' am 19 year old male, and sometimes (for about a year now) I have problems with feeling of vomiting and because of that i don't have appetite, and occasionally I really do vomit. I don' feel nausea, it's just some seconds and i feel the food in my throat. When I wake up in the morning I don't have appetite I just eat some fruit or a really small candy bar, I try to eat more but i can't. I get that feeling. When it's lunch time i eat just a half of that, that i have on my plate because i get the feeling to vomit. Only when it's dinner time and later i do have appetite and i can eat normally. I went to a local doctor, gastrologist and physiologist. Local doctor made some blood tests, ECG and the tests were all fine. Gastrologist said that i have to eat more because i am really skinny and i have to gain about 20kg. But I am skinny from my childhood and I had never suffer for this problem. Physicologist said that it's stress and that i have to mentally convince myself that everything is fine and I will not vomit. I tried everything i could think of, I eat vitamins, drink special tea for appetite, go outside more often to get some appetite, lifting weights to gain weight, reducing stress to minimum, try to eat favorite food. And I don't think about my problem. But i still get the felling and sometimes then I vomite. I had never suffered for this problem, i just got it through the night. I want to live normally eat normally like it used to be year ago. Please, really please can you help me? In one month i will go to the university and I will be there the whole day and i have to be physicaly and mentaly strong to study. I can't imagine throwing up there.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Aug 2010
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
dear, first i need to know if any endoscopy is done in your case. second would like to know if any investigation in the line of tuberculosis of abdomen done in your case. third i would like to know you nutritional status. forth you birth history and family history
you can contact me with those things

Hello, Dr. Tapan Shah thank you for your reply.
Here are some information about me that could help;

First, no endoscopy has been done.

Second, no tuberculosis investigation has been done. And i am convinced that I don't have tuberculosis, because i don't have any other problems. (no headaches, fever, chills, chest pains.) And i didn't loose any weight.

Third, like I said I am underweight. My BMI is only 15.2. I know that's not good and I am trying to gain weight. But the thing is that I am underweight probably the whole life. And I always felt well, so I didn't considered that as a problem.
I eat all sort of things, so the ratio of the food that I eat is probably like in the food pyramid. (maybe a little more candy and "junk food", but i think that's fine if I am underweight). The ratio is good, the problem is that i eat less that i should to. Well i can't eat more, i am trying always but there's a limit.

Forth, my birth was fine, no complications, my birth weight and height was normal, lactation stopped when i was about 9-10 month old, no other problems.
About my parents; My mom had jaundice eleven years before my birth. I don't know if my dad had any special disease. My grandparents are all dead, they died when they were 72-80 years old. My grandfather had asthma, that's all I know.

Do you think that I have gastritis? Or is it something else.
Maybe I have to go to the endoscopy.

Thank you for your answers.

Gastroenterologist, Surgical Dr. Tapan Shah's  Response
i think you have to undergo few investigations in the form of
1. gastroscopy
2. investigations for koch's abdomen
3. studies for malabsorption ( butter fat test)
and some routine investigation and even cardiac status and thyroid status

my boyfriend is getting stomach aches and no appetite.sometimes feels nausous and has thrown up i think a couple times.his grandma has diabetes but that is the only one in his family that does...that is the only serious conditon i can think that one of his family members has.....please can you help me i am really worried and do not want him to die,
hi amanda,
well need to know the problem in more details, or for better communication, mail me at :