I am 9 weeks pregnant and i am getting some stringy substance in eyes. Can pregnancy be the cause ?

Hello!.... I m 19, 9 weeks 5 days pregnant .... yesterday all day I ve been having some king of stringy substance in my eyes, so diz morning I wake up n my eyes we re kind of hard to open, the stringy substance in my eyes are dry, I feel no pain, nor itching, is juz the fact that is annoying they go across my eye and is just kind of hard to see, I see blurry.... diz is my first pregnancy , this has never happen to me. what is the cause of this?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You have symptoms of conjunctivitis. It could be contagious. Be careful and wash your hands before touching anybody or anything. You could be experiencing sensitivity to light so you may wear dark goggles. You need to consult an Ophthalmologist and get proper diagnosis and specific treatment.