I am 51 yrs old. Is breast tenderness normal at my age and the start of menopause ?

is breast tenderness normal at my age and the start of menopause ? I am 51, still having regular periods but this month I have had breast tenderness for almost 3 weeks and got my period 2 weeks ago, the breast tenderness lasted long past my period and now all of a sudden tonight, I m getting my period again. Is this normal at my age and the start of menopause? I have had a recent ultrasound in May to rule out a fibroid which was questionable last year and there was nothing there, my uterus is clear.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Dec 2010