I am 30 weeks pregnant, do not know how concerend I should be ? please give me your suggestion

Hi I am 30 weeks pregnant and I just went to the washroom and wiped and have some yellowish / white / light green discharge, could this be the mucus plug? don't know how concerend I should be? Any help would be great. I am carrying this baby very low (don't know it that helps with anything)
Asked On : Sat, 3 Jul 2010
Hi am am also 30 weeks pregnant with the same problem and I went to my OB/GYN and he told me it is perfectly normal to have discharge is small or even heavy amounts around this time in pregnancy and if you start to have contractions lay on your left side and count for an hour from the start of one to the start of the next and if they are 5 to 10 minutes apart go in. if you are still really concerned it never hurts to go to the nearest birthing center and get evaluated. Never can be to cautious. Hope this helps.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.just relax and don't worry.This is normal to have discharge in advanced pregnancy like yours.If it becomes heavy or is associated with some problem then contact your Gynec.Good luck.