I am 29 year old woman. What is the recommended birth control i can use ?

I am 29 years old ,i have irregular period cycle my doctor prescribe prumulot tablets for me - however it regular my period for one month.In July i did not see my period i then took a pregnancy test it was negative .When back to the doctor he give me oral contraceptives to used started which i started using from the 8th of August to help regular my period my question is -is it safe to use even though i am not seeing my period and when will i start seeing my period - even though their is no sign
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011