I am 26 yrs old and have a positive PPD skin test. If all three AFB return negative does this mean that I have latent TB ?

Hi Im 26 years old and have a positive PPD skin test (bigger than my previous ppd skin test last year). Chest x ray is normal. Awaiting sputum AFB results at the moment. If all three AFB return negative does this mean that I have latent TB? I also have cough but at the same time I have allergic rhinitis . Last June, I took the skin test and was tested positive, chest xray was normal. Doctor prescribed rifampicin for 6 months. Could it be possible that I have active TB? I m not experiencing any other symptoms - no fever , no chills, no weight loss
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011