I am 14 and I still haven't gotten my period yet. Is this normal ?

Okay. I am 13 years old, turning 14 in August. And I still haven t gotten my period yet. Is this normal ? Also. What do you think is better, a pad or a tampon ? A tampom looks like it could hurt. My mother was 13 when she got hers. My sister was the same. And my mother does not use tampons , only my sister does. Cause she s a lifeguard during the summer.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Since your mother and sister are using different thing need not worry and bother for
that.You should have your own choice which gives you maximum comfort. You are only
!3 and period has not started should not bother there can be variation of one to two
year in individules. your age is not over due so wait for it do not need any treatment
at this age.Thanks