I am 10 weeks pregnant and have fever. Is it necessary to take medicine ?

Dear Sir, My wife is 10 weeks pregnant and she has some fever and more weakness. Kindly suggest me medician for fever and weakness.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Dear thanks for query.I am sorry dear but in case of pregnancy you should take medicines without consulting your doctor.Give her plenty of fluids,ask her to take rest and light diet.This first weeks of pregnancy are crucial for development of baby.Please see a doctor.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
welcome to do a scan of the pelvic to see if fetus is normal or not.Then consult a doctor to thoroughly check for the source of fever ,medication in pregnancy cannot be taken like a normal person.It has to be done under supervision only.Take care.