I always get a really bad headache, what can I do ?

Hi I always get a really bad headache like every other day and nothing helps what can I do to help
Asked On : Wed, 28 Jul 2010
Thanks for query,
First we should find out the cause of headache.
After we find the cause,we go for tretment accordingly.
Headache may be due to,
Refraction of error,
Cervical spondilitis,
Acute sinusitis,
Some ENT causes,
CNS problems.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
Mean while you take analgesics.
Ok and bye.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
Hi david,
there are atleast 150 types of headaches, we need to know whether your headache is due to a trivial or sinister in cause.
for that we need to know the premonitory symptoms which could forewarn grave causes - like any motor or sensory deficit, visual or senses deficit

Hi David,

to give answer of your query we need a lot of answers from you-like the duration,wheather or bilateral,position,periodicity,aggravating and reliefing factors,asocciated with nausea vomiting,photophobia,ringinging in the year,watering from eye,any vision prob etc.

After that you need a through clinical examination and if needed then some laboratory investigation.then only we can reach the diagnosis.

but for your knowledge this type of worse headache usually occurs in the following situation-migraine,tention type headache,sinusitis,cns pathology,temporal arteritis etc rarely may be in glaucoma,refractory error,cervical spondylolysis etc.

so go to your doctors to diagnosis the cause of headache.
in the meantime you can take paracetamol for relief.

thank you