I always experienced a dull ache in my legs at night when laying in bed

hello since i was younger ( adolescent ) i always experienced a dull ache in my legs at night when laying in bed. It never interfered with any activities or walking, or during the day. I am now 22 yrs old, and very much healthy I get my regular checkups every year! which is why I am on here I just had my annual and my MD said i was healthy and strong and due to insurance I cant make another appt anytime soon. Recently my aches in my legs have returned, and still remain active only at night and when i lay with my legs straight out, but feel relief once i move them to a new position, the ache is mild and dull and usually around my knee , the back of my calves, upper thighs sometimes, and ankles sometimes, I have no other health problems just an infected wisdom tooth, that s going to be extracted soon. I have no family history or personal of cancers or diseases, but there is a strong history of osteoporosis my mother, aunt, and grandmother all have had problems over the years with their joints and bones and my grandmother is now bed written and have been for 10 yrs due to degenerative spine. I know at my age it could no longer be growing pains. the pain is usually sudden and lasts a couple nights then disappears for months or years. The pain started once I stopped taking my vitamins for a couple days, I take them because i do not consume alot of food or healthy food; Im wondering if that could be the cause, I am also on a birth control (mirena). I have no idea what the cause of my aches could be starting to become worried HELP!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Exercise mainly brisk walking shall be very helpful in your case. Do get a serum calcium test done to see if there is a risk of osteoporosis in your case.