I HAVE BP & SLIGHT HEADACHE ALSO WHAT SHALL I DO ?

I AM 35 YEARS OLD I HAVE BLOOD PRESSURE 140/100 FROM ONE WEEK AND I HAVE SLIGHT HEADACHE ALSO WHAT SHALL I DO ?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Sep 2010
Don't worry much about a single high reading.
Take your reading when you are relaxed and preferably in the morning after a good nights rest.
If it is still high, consult your local doctor.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Taking Blood Pressure value only once cannot confirm that you are have high blood pressure. It can increase due to varies reasons like tension, work stress, travel ,infection ,fever,or any other family problems. Try to check your blood pressure levels at least three times, if it is still being elevated , then consult doctor for medications. Along with medications you should follow dietary modifications and lifestyle changes.Try to avoid foods which are processed , use of preservatives , sodium bicarbonates( baking powder / cooking soda), all sauces, ketchup,carbonated beverages, fast foods ,fried foods.Use only low sodium salt while cooking and on table. Include more of fiber rich foods like fruits and vegetables salads in the diet.Physical activity of at least 30-60 minutes for five days in a week is a must.