Hysterectomy done, advised blood work. Report shows high platelets due to surgery. Normal?

Hi Dr. Grief, my name is Marilyn and I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago, on my discharge day my doctor advice to get blood work done before my 4 week follow up visit. He stated that my platelets were a little high and that it could be from surgery, but he wanted to make sure. Well my appointment was on 10/7 and he never discussed the blood results because I believe he had a lot of patients on this day, I wrote down some questions to ask the doctor but the blood results were not one of them. Anyways I called to find out what the results are and the nurse said 616, I asked the nurse what the normal numbers are and she said 500. Is this correct or should I be concerned, the nurse didn't sound to sure and so that leaves me concerned.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Mar 2013
hello marilyn
yes, the normal numbers are between 15- - 500, so yours are slight high.
This could be a result of the surgery, or due to other conditions like stress, fever, blood loss etc.
To be exactly sure, I need the entire report of your blood work, as the platelets cannot be studied in isolation.
please do write back with the complete details at -

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623