Hysterectomy 8 days ago, trouble sleeping, feel jittery. Took ibuprofen, stool softening meds. Why jittery ?

I had a 4-hour hysterectomy 8 days ago and I am really having trouble sleeping. I feel jittery all the time and sleep in 2-hour increments. I am tired, but cannot sleep. I am only taking Ibuprofen for the pain, and am now off the nausea & stool softening meds. I am drinking lots of water. My mental clarity is not 100% either. Would you please let me know if one day the jitters will go, or if I should contact my doctor. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012