Hypothyroidism, sore throat and chest pain, hard lump in the roof of the mouth. What to do ?

Hi Dr, I have hypothyroidism and I m nearly 31 years old. I have had a sore throat and chest for the past 6 days. Which I think I caught from a family member. Anyhow yesterday I thought I had something stuck at the back of my throat and realised when feeling on the roof of mouth with my finger that it was a hard lump. In the mirror it s barely noticisable but is very red and smooth. It s A bit sore too. My neck has been more inflamed than usual the last 3 weeks and feels like someone has there hand around my neck, especially when lye down. I have had ear ache on and off as well.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013