Hypothyroidism, eating ragi and bajra, thyronorm 50 mcg, Production of more insulin in body

Can I eat Ragi (finger millet) & Bajra (pearl millet) if I have hypothyroid? I am 30 year old female and I am suffering from hypothyroid and I am taking thyronorm 50 mcg as prescribed by doctor regularly. Recently I was also diagnosed with insulin resistance i.e. doctor said my body is producing more insulin. I am obese. Doctor adviced me to exercise and reduce weight. Now I am thinking of diet plan to reduce weight. I heard ragi is very good for those who are on diet. But I am not sure if its good for hypothyroid patients. Can I take ragi (finger millet) flour and bajra (pearl millet) flour if I have hypothyroid? Pls suggest me its important for me.
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012