Hypothyroidism, depression, joint pain. Taking levothyroxine, causing weight gain. Blood work shows high ESR. Treatment for symptoms?

I am female and have taken levothyroxine since I was 13 (now taking 100 MCG); I am now 41. I have gained 35 pounds in the last year with no real lifestyle changes. I recently went to the doctor because I have been having reoccuring pain in my elbows, ankles and I am tired a lot. I also suffer from depression (bipolar 2). Blood work was taken last week: CBC, CMP (Chem 14), Lipid Profile , T3, T4, TSH , UA and Sed Rate. Doctors office called and said everything was normal except I have a high esr level and they are having me come back in for more blood work on Monday. Any ideas on what is happening? Could all this be related to hypothyrodism? I appreciate any answers you may have. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012