Hypothyroidism. Have itchy arms, itchy genitals, sleeplessness. What is the reason?

I am a 53 year old woman recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have developed extremely itchy arms. I find myself scratching my arms during the day and especially at night while in bed causing me to wake often. I also find my self with itchy genitalia during sleep and it is not a yeast infection as I have had those before. I have been on the Vivelle Dot hormone patch for about 7 years. My question is what are these symptoms a result of?

Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013