Hypothyroidism, Dr suggests life long medication. Can thyronorm help cure ?

hi, i am 32 year ole unmarried male recently my doctor suggest to check thyroid test the results are as follows FT3:1.0, FT4:0.48, TSH:55.5 he tells i suffering from hypothyroidism that i need to take life long medication now he prefers to start with TABLET THYRONORM 100 MCB FOR ONE MONTH after that again consult him to retest thyroid and according to that medicines he will prescribe.but when he ask most of symptoms not present with me and but intolerence cold ,leg swelling and sleepless are occurs recent days. but i am very much worried that it take life long medication to be taken for this and there is no other way to cure this is it true.kindly go thru my case and suggest a good reply if any further tests needed i will take that also. thanks, AAAA
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012