Hypothyroid, taking thyronorm, had weight gain over belly area. Dietary precautions?

i am a hypothyriod patient i am taking THYRONORM TAB. 75 mcg. i have recently retiired from service, for the last couple of months i have grown with obesity at belly portion my present weight is 78kg height 5ft 6inch please advise what dietry precautions i should follow and any other . i am non veg eater taking rice at lunch -3chapatis at dinner going for 45 minutes walk 4days in a week.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Your diet is good, but you still need to cut down rice and chapatti and take more fruit and vegetables