Hypothyroid, diabetes, high BP, has weakness, ascitis in abdomen, high TSH even on taking eltroxin. Cause?

HELLO DOCTOR, MY MOTHER 55 YEAR OLD HAVE HYPOTHYROID FOR 30 YERS, AND DIABETIC FOR 18 YEARS,A ND HAVE BP FOR 20 YEARS. SHE WAS TAKIG ELTROXIN 100MCG TAB FOR LAST 20 YEARS AND WAS GOING COMFORTABLY. BUT NOW SHE IS VERY WEAK AND HAVING SEVERAL PROBLEMS MAINLY, ASCITIS IN ABDOMEN. NOW SHE IS TAKING 300 MCG ELTROXIN ON FASTING . BUT SHE HAVE TSH LEVEL GREATER THAN 100. WHY THIS HAPPENS? IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO FORM ASCITIS IN ABDOMEN DUE TO THIS? SHE HAVE DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY ALSO. HAVING CREATINE 2. AND A PROTINE LEAK THROUGH URINE ABOUT 4GMS A DAY. IS THERE ANY ALTERNATE MRDICINE TO CONTROL OR NORMALISE THE THYROIDISM? HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME DOCTOR, THANKING YOU, BIBIN K ABRAHAM
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012