Hypochromic microcytic red cells, Leukocytes normal, increased platelets

Gud pm im thereza from philippines pls help me i need pediatrician hematology to explain my 3yrs old son cbc result this is the result hypochomic microcytic red cells with note of fragmented cells. Target cells with basophilic stippling. Leukocytes appear normal. Lymphocytes predominant. No abnormal seen. Platelets increased Please correlate clinicaly. PBS picture may still beconsistent with a nutrinitional anemia but a concomittant thalassemia trait cannot entirely be ruled out. Pls i need answer becuase im so worried of my son conditions.. thanks and godbless
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012