Hyperthyroid, taking thyroxine, more exersion run short of breath. Help?

Hi Doctor. Am a 38 year old male, I was diagnosed as hyperthyroid at 17 and had tachycardia as a result. I had the thyroid gland treated with radioactive iodine and am taking 300mcg thyroxine per day. I still have tachycardia. I weightlift and am 5 10 and weigh 108kg. Am unable to comfortably do any prolonged cardio as I run short of breath as I take 5mg of Concor daily to counter the effects of tachycardia. I have done an ECG and it is very good heart function is perfect but I am unable to do more than 5 minutes of cardio as I feel my pulse rate is being capped. I do need to do cardio to shred the excess fat I am carrying. Please pardon my rambling but am very frustrated need to do at least 20 minutes of intense cardio twice a day.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013