Hypertensive. Taking BP pill. Tested normal for cholesterol levels except triglyceride. Proper treatment?

Good AfterNoon, My husband is 36 years old and is Hypertensive from last 6-7 years. He is taking BP pill . We got Lipid profile checked recently. All cholestrol levels are normal except Triglyceride which is 207 We took the adviice of Doc and he recommended that he can take the medicine 10 mg for 1 month and subsequently with diet and excersise this can be cured. My question is shall he take this 1 month course of pills to cure this or dietry supplment like Salmon Omega and diet control/excersise would help . Sir,Also Please advice what all precautions should be taken care. Please avice.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013