Hypertension, spot in the eye, MRI normal, no diagnosis, Second opinion?

Hello, This is sort of weird but I have been unsucessful getting any answers from my current doctors. I m a 32 year old female. I do have hypertension that is controlled with medication. I have a spot in my vision in just my right eye. The spot is above and right of center (about 2 o clock if you will). It developed (or I finally noticed it) on July 11th. I thought I was getting a migrane , I got the scotomas that are normal for me when I get a migrane but no headache developed. When the scotomas subsided I was left with this one spot, no change in location, size, or shape. My family Dr. refered me to an ophthalmologist . She ordered an MRI then referred me to a neuro-ophthalmologist. The MRI showed a 1.1cm nonspecific signal abnormality within the anterior left temporal subcortical white matter . A demyelinating process is a consideration. Normal MRI of the orbits. 8mm pineal cyst . The two ophthalmologists I ve seen have both said there is nothing in my MRI scans that indicates a problem. They also say my eyes are fine and there is no diagnosis. I m concerned that they are concentrating too much on my eye problem and not considering other possible causes for this vision issue. I tried to talk to my family Dr. and I haven t been able to get him to call me back. I feel like they think I m making it up. I have two questions. 1) What could be the cause of my spot if it s not a problem with my eye? and 2) Should I pursue a second opinion on the MRI? What type of Dr. would be most likely able to help me?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012