Hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol. Undergone CABG and sternotomy. Having retrosternal pain on exertion relieved by nitroglycerine

hi doctors, my mother is 57 years old ... hypertensive , newly discovered to be diabetic , 1ry hypercholesterolemic ...she has undergone CABG (4 coronary arteries bypass) since 1 month for now .... at first she felt good except for surgical pain due to median sternotomy .... since 15 days another type of pain was added that she distinguish from surgical pain ... she says it s typically the pain she had before the operation (like anginal pain) it s retrosternal but not radiating ... it s precipitated by meal and light exertion, relieved sometimes alone lasting for 30 min and some times by sublingual nitroglycerine ..... she is on : Atorvastatin 40 - pisoprolol - spironolactone - clopidogril - analgesics - ranitidine ....... I m worried about failure of grafts ... is that possible ?? I guess she would refuse another PCA to reassure me because she is disappointed and severly depressed .... what shall I do ... thanks in advance
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012