Hypertension, dark urine color, dryness, uncomfortable, muscle pain, kidney failure, cough. Help?

I was on 2.5 mg Ramipril for treatment of hypertension and my urine turns a darker colour and there was a strong smell as I progressed with the medication . My nose lining was dry and uncomfortable. I had some coughing and there was muscle pain on the back of my left leg and also somewhere on my right hip. My doctor has now changed to 50mg of Losartan, the muscle pain has reduced, my urine still smells strong, the colour is not as dark. Are my kidneys failing? What will happen if my kidneys continue to fail. I do not see any drop in BP readings, does that mean the dosage needs to be increased? or how long does it take before Losartan works? Many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013