Hypertension, atenolol 50mg, ramipril 5mg, feels tired, migraine, amitriptyline, horizontal ridges in toe nails

Hi i m Lynsey, Im 26 years old. For 3 years i ve had diagnosed hypertension and i m currently taking medication ( atenolol 50mg and ramipril 5mg) everyday for it. I m a healthy weight, don t smoke, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Since i was at school i ve suffered with GP told me it s a side effect of my medication but i felt this way before i started my medication. For last few months i ve developed terrible headaches. I am a migraine sufferer normally anyway but these headaches have become more frequent and intense. I went to see my GP and he put me on Amitriptyline but this hasn t worked. I m currently doing my nurse training but these problems are getting in the way and making me feel fed up because i just want to be normal . I often have to have a sleep of about 2 hours during the day to relieve my tiredness. I also have horizontal ridges on my toenails which i m not sure what the cause is. Please help, thank you. Lynsey
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012