Hyperpigmented genital region. How to lighten skin?

For quite some time I have been suffering from hyperpigmentation of my mons pubis and genital region.
There is a distinct discolouration where the pubic hair grows that looks like I am wearing knickers! . It is 4 shades darker than the rest of my skin. I stopped shaving as the ingrown hairs were causing scarring. Waxing made the skin darker and wrinkled the skin, so I started to shave again and have now been epilating to slow the hair growth so I can look after my skin. It's so embarrassing, I do not want to have a bikini area that is distinctly darker than the rest of my skin. How can I lighten my skin? I have exfoliated, used lemons, honey, papaya, turmeric - all the home remedies! Please help.

Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013