Hyperactive thyroid, hemochromatosis. Have dry chapped lips looking like a chemical burn. Medication?

Im 45 year old male - normal weight, and try to keep a healthy diet - some carbs, mostly protein , but mix it up. I work out 3 times weekly. My thyroid was diagnosed as clinical hypoactive and I have heamochomotosis that a keep in check. Four days ago I thought I had dry chap lips due to the change in weather. But its a different sensation, more like a chemical burn , and it s only on my top lips predominately on the upper side edges - middle lips feel fine. Lip balm doesn t seem to help heal them.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012