Hyper thyroid condition, medication done. What is it and possible cure?

thank you and yes, my husband has just recieved his medicatione for a Hyper Thyroid condition in which is being treated by 2 meds, one B 12 and the other, 2 tabs of methimazole given at 10 mg once a day . this new medicatione he has also been given the drug that im questioning about, Ergocalcaiferol at 50,0000 unit. please what is this sir i thank you, i have read and Im sure that
the vitamin will work for my husband not counteract any other medicationes he is taking.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013