Hyper sensation in knee after injury due to nerve lock. No improvement. Worried about sympathetic dystrophy?

Hello sir.i m an eighteen year old boy.i had injured my knee when i was fourteen.since then i have this hypersensation on the left knee whenever it is touched.when anyone touches my left knee or the patellar region to be more specific,a sudden shock or a jerk is felt general physician had told me that it is a nerve lock & the problem will gradually cease with time.but five years have passed & now i m really worried about it & fearingit to b a sympathetic dystrophy.i guess i have injured my cruciate ligament .please suggest me,what to do.thanking u in advance for helpin me out of this worry. :)
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013