Hyper pigmentation around neck, suggested Glycolic peeling. History of using Melacare. Is peeling right option?

I have used Melacare for 3 years for fair skin which showed good results. Whenever, I stopped it for a while always the skin turned darker. Recently developed hyperpigmentation aroung neck and so stopped using melacare. Visted a Dermotologist who suggested me peels. She has done 20% glycolic peel and had adviced 6 peels. The peeling took a long process nearly 20 days, my skin is rough and dry and looks dull. my doctor says the peeling is incomplete and need to keep doing more. I had gone through peeling reviews but have seen very few cases where peeling had taken 20 days. Is this due to usage of melacare fo prolonged period? Is peeling the right option for me? Should i continue with more peels? Please suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012