Hyoglycemic coma after overdosing on insulin. Cognitive issues. Worried about permanent damage

I am working with a young lady 17.5 years old, she took her grandfathers insulin and overdoses (in January) she was in a Hyoglycemic coma for 4 days. She has cognitive issues which we are trying to see if there is any research that would lead us to believe it would be permenate. We beleive she has low functioning already due to mom using marjuanna and alochol during the pregancy she been held back several times in school and now has no reading abiulity and behaviors are a hugh issue. at age 8 she had IIQ score of 80 at 15 she has 65 IQ and now we can not get her to cooperate for a full scale but verbral is 66. I am woring on geting in to Intellecual program but they say we need to know if it permenate damage.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013