Husband had bladder cancer, now has neobladder, check ups normal, high blood pressure and high protein level now. Reasons?

My husband had bladder cancer 10 years ago. He now has a neobladder. Since his surgery ALL of his check ups have been good with no issues whatsoever. Well he had his physical for work and his protein level was 2+. Also his blood pressure was high. His oncologist (which is not the surgeon that diagnosed him or preformed his surgery, he now lives in Florida) told me it was okay and that sometimes there would be a trace of protein. Well my issue is that in the last 10 years his protein level was was always normal as well as his blood pressure. So why are they high now?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013