Husband behaving irrationally, violent, aggressive, mood swings and depression. Can he be suffering from some form of bipolar? What can I do?

Hi, i ve been married to my husband for about 10 years and always thought his behaviour was sometimes completeley irrational, he has been violent and aggressive, suffers from extreme mood swings and has periods of depression . I firmly believe that he may be suffering from a form of bipolar but when i try and approach him about his behaviour he gets angry and thinks that it is all in my head and there is nothing wrong with him. His mood swings are becoming more frequent and it is starting to affect our 8 year old daughter, he needs help but i can t get through to him as he thinks there is nothing wrong with him. What can i do?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012