Hurting throat, sneezing, nose dripping, headache, bodyache for a week. Recurrence of symptoms. Whats the reason?

2 weeks ago... I got kind of sick. My throat hurt. I was sneezing, and my nose was dripping. I had a congested head, and achy body. It lasted a week, then went away. Now the last few days it has come back to bother me. I assume it came back because I did not treat it correctly. However, this time my ear is hurting, and I have diarrhea too. I have been taking some anti-congestion meds, but that is it. What is this, and what can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012