Hurting throat, sensation of something stuck in throat, yawn under chin. What could be the reason?

Every few months i ll have this lawn that like right under my chin by my throat starts to hurt and feels like its locked or something. When I touch it in the middle of the yawn I feel like something in my neck sticking out. It lasts a little bit after the yawn like maybe a minute or 2 but then goes away. Anyone knows what this could be?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Feb 2016
Hi. This can very well be a small lymph node which stick out at yawing as yawing tightens the muscles of the floor of mouth. Yes it can cause pain too. another small possibility is of a congenital problem called thyro-glossal cyst.