Hurting legs, viral infection, diarrhoea, light brown spot on right of stomach. What is this spot?

Hi my 9 year old son has been complaining of his legs hurting him for a few months now two weeks ago he caught a virus from his cousin he was vomiting , fever ,diareaha, fever, now he has a light brown spot on his stomach on right side under his belly button it is about the size of the baseball in the middle of the spot is a smaller spot that s darker what could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. You will appreciate that it is not possible to give any guidance without a clinical examination and necessary investigations. Further information to facilitate a differential diagnosis is required:
1. What type of pain is present in the legs? How is it relieved?
2. Any medication that your son is receiving?
3. Is the light brown spot associated with any palpable swelling?
4. Is the spot painful?
5. Reports of any investigations done?

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal