Hurting ears, muffled hearing feeling with clogging. Suggessions for remedy?

hi my freind poped a baloon right next to my ear last night and my ear still hurts, there is a continuos high pich pure sound and my hearing has been noticably muffled. It feels like when you are on a airplane when your ear gets clogged but it wont go away. The balloon was small but had a lot of air pressurised inside of it and it was one of those water baloons. what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
This is due to baro trauma.
You must consult your ent specialist and take antibiotics, decongestant tablets and nasal drops , and mucolytics.
The most important thing is you should avoid water to enter your ears until it is confirmed that the ear drum is healthy.
You may also require steroids for some time or drugs like betahistine to increase the microcirculation at the inner ear level .
You can discuss it with your doctor.
In doubt do reply