Hurting bumps on feet, hard and painful to walk. What is it and how to treat it?

My son, age 21 and a Junior in college, was home this weekend and complained about his feet hurting. I looked at his feet and on the padded area behind his toes and I could see what appeared to be little bumps that looked, for lack of anything better to describe them, like pimples (they seemed to have a little center that looked like pus , but he said the centers felt hard like a callous). He said that they had reached a stage where it was getting hard to walk without pain . Would you have any idea what this is and, if so, how best to treat it?
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Jan 2014
Hi. It is most likely Plantar corn if the dermatoglyphics over it are preserved. Use a keratolytic solution e.g salicylic acid+lactic acid combination solution and apply it once daily in the night after soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 15 min and cover it with water proof bandage after it gets dried. repeat the same daily for few days.