Hurt wrist. Unable to bend backwards. Bone sticks out. Fracture?

I m a 15 year old girl the other day i got furious and hit multiple things with the side of my right hand and my wrist on the pinky side and i can move my fingers and it doesn t hurt very much i can slightly bend my wrist forward but i cannot move it backwards it hurts to make a fist and to try and spread my fingers my mom told me that she hit walls when she was young and she says I ll be fine that it is only bruised to me the side of my hand looks a lot deformed compared to my other hand and the bone on that side of my wrist sticks out more than my other hand do you think it might be broken please help!!!!!???????!!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Hi! Thank you for your question and welcome to our site.

Yes, a gross deformity that is very much noticeable compared to your other hand suggests that you may have dislocated or even fractured one of your wrist or forearm bones.

I suggest that you consult an orthopedist immediately so that this could be corrected as soon as possible so that no long-term functional loss or deformity will occur.

I wish you the best!

Dr. Galera