Hurt the middle of right foot, excruciating pain . Anything to relieve the pain ?

Hi dr. Seigel. Yesterday while trying to clean my fridge I dropped a bag of frozen meat that felt like a stone on my right foot somewhere in the middle part. It hurt but was tolerable all day. I slep a after midnight and woke up with excruciating pain in the foot around 1.30am. The pain wouldn t let me move my foot or place it on the bed and no angle gave me any help. It lasted with this severity until about 5 am after which it started feeling better. I am very scared because I am starting a new job tomorrow. Please advise. Will the pain come back, is there anything I should watch for and do or not do? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013