Hurt my right thumb while playing wheelchair rugby, numbness. Nerve damage?

i recently played wheelchair rugby, i am fully able bodied, during the match i got my right thumb caught in the spokes of the wheel. Afterwards, roughly 1 hour, my thumb was numb on the lateral aspect. There are no other sensations elsewhere on my fingers, wirst or arm . I don t feel it s carpal tunnel due to a negative results from phalen s carpal tunnel test and negative on scaphoid test. I feel it may be nerve damage, this is because i strongly palpate the proximal phalangeal joint , laterally to medially, and feel a shooting sensation run up the lateral side of my hand. I study sports physiotherapy and was wondering whether this could be nerve damage or not and roughly what the time span would be for the sensation to disappear Thanks, Brett.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013