Hurt left thigh, buttock after a fall. Swollen, painful, bruised, bulge on left thigh. Reason, treatment?

I had a hard fall over a month ago. I fell on tile flooring on my left thigh and buttock area. My legs went up over my head when I came down. Swelling was immediate and pain immense.! I went to doctor but didn t get x-rays. Said it looked like a contusion. I couldn t sit or lay on that side. Doctor said to use compression for 14 days and ice off and on for 5 days and lay not sit for 2 days. After a month I am still swollen and bruised with a bulge on my left thigh. Hurts to lay on that side or touch still. Can this all be from a bruise still or something else? If so then what would the possible causes be?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012