Hurt left part behind thigh, painful, pulled muscle. Suggessions?

Hi, I have recently hurt the left part behind my thigh i don t really no what I have done but the pain is well above average. I am also having a hard time walking and bending my knee but it s not impossible to do so. But I have been trying to rest it but it seems to hurt more when I rest it. And yes I have see a doctor and he thinks that I have just pulled a muscle in the back of my leg but it just hurt so damn much and I was just looking for a second option. Any suggestions ? Or am I just over reacting ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012