Hurt knee, limped for a while, sharp pain, popping sensation. What can assist pain?

I hit the inner side of my right knee pretty hard at the mountain this last Sunday.. I limped around for the evening but by Monday I was fine. I can place weight on my knee and walk just fine. Until this morning when i noticed a cooling sensation and sharper pains that come in waves surrounding that particular knee. Also I can feel some type of stretching or vibrating type popping when i flex my knee. Its bareable but annoying to say the least.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Dear Friend,

If you have pain, redness and swelling on your knee, it might be a fracture.

But if you are having these kind of sensations, it might be possible that you have got a ligament tear, or a muscle injury.

Best thing is to meet an orthopedician as local examination will help in diagnosing the problem, and if required an imaging would be done.

You may do fomentation, may apply local pain killer and anti inflammatory gel readily available in the market, under your doctors supervision.

Get well soon