Hurt in inner calf, swelling, bulge on leg side. How to get relief?

My son slid into home plate and the pitcher came down hard on the inner part of his calf . After it happen he had trouble putting weight on it. It felt like it was going to give out. It is still swollen today and there is something bulging on the side of his leg. It runs the length of his calf. He is now able to stand on it but I am stumped as to what is bulging on the side.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The bulging is due to formation of hematoma in the muscle.
For pain relief you can give Advil or Motrin in prescribed dose.
And apply ice pack to decrease the swelling and for pain relief.
Consult the doctor for physical examination and further advice.
Hope I have answered your query.