Hurt hip, had fracture while skiing. Pain during movement. Taking Tylenol, Ibuprofen. No relief. Suggestions?

Sunday my friend had a bad fall skiing and hurt his left hip. He was evaluated at the first aid on the slope and the conclusion was contusion and/or hairline fracture . They recommended that he be taken to a hospital and get an Xray . I drove him home first and he had such difficulty putting weight on the affected (left) leg that he refused to go to the hospital and refused to let me call an ambulance. He has little or no pain while stationary but cannot move without extreme pain, even with crutches.He continues to absolutely refuse to call an ambulance. He is taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen . I put ice on it Sunday, but I do not know if I should use cold or heat now, or what else to do. Specifics: Male 70 years old, 6 feet 6 , 220 lb, no other known medical condition
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013